VMware Workspace ONE Community
jasysadminmes
Contributor
Contributor

Internal application appears for work managed devices but not work profile

We have an internal application that can be seen in the app catalogue by work managed devices.

My test user cannot see it in the same catalogue, I can assign and publish the app to my specific user but it never installs.

When I view the ' apps'  on their device our internal app does not appear.

if I look at the device assignment and install status from the ' application status'  view it shows my device but shows it is not installed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Olivaw10
Contributor
Contributor

Internal Apps are note available on Work Profile
Work Profile = Apps Google Play. You can use Google Play Entreprise Apps via Airwatch iframe.
0 Kudos
johnny0099
Contributor
Contributor

With help from WS1 support, we had to add an internal app in the following way.

Apps & Books > Native > Public > Add Application
Select Android as the platform
Input something random into the Name field and click Next
Click on the second tab which is Private Apps
Click on the bottom right + button to app your internal APK.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I had the same question initially and will be following the same steps as well.
0 Kudos
jasysadminmes
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that but keep receiving the same error.

' Upload a new APK file with a different package name'

I have a case raised with support to help with that. I have tried renaming but no success.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

James, click on Filters -> Status. Select 'All' and you may see an existing app with the same name. You will need to delete it first before adding it again with the same name.
0 Kudos
jasysadminmes
Contributor
Contributor

I do not seem the same app under public but I do have this app under Internal... would you think that may be causing the issue?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Ah, I forgot about that. Um, that's interesting. I think I will be in the same boat as you as I need to upload the internal APK in AirWatch for Legacy users, and again in with Google for Enterprise/Work Profile users. Please do share what support comes back with.
0 Kudos
jasysadminmes
Contributor
Contributor

So in this instance the developer of our app had to re upload a new APP with a new Bundle ID - once they did this I could progress past this error screen.
0 Kudos