VMware Workspace ONE Community
SagarDhilaSagar
Contributor
Contributor

Intelligent Hub prompts for ' Authentication' for an enrolled device

After a device successfully enrolls into Workspace One, various versions of iOS devices are receiving an ' Authentication'  prompt upon launching the Hub. The prompt is asking for ' Group ID, Username and Password'  or ' Username & Password' . Not sure why it would have the user re-authenticate after successfully enrolling. This is not happening to all devices.
Labels (1)
14 Replies
JocelynB
Contributor
Contributor

This happens to me as well. Would love to know what's causing this.
0 Kudos
SagarDhilaSagar
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a ticket with the support team and attached device logs.

Waiting to hear from them. In the meantime, have you noticed any consistencies between the devices that this occurs to?
0 Kudos
JocelynB
Contributor
Contributor

No, I can't find a pattern. It seems completely random. If you can, let me know what they say!
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Are your devices enrolled as actual or staging users initially? And are these shared devices by any chance?
0 Kudos
Olivaw10
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using WK1 Authentication or VIDM Authentication for enrollment ?
Settings -> Devices&Users -> General -> Enrollment -> Source of Authentication for Intelligent Hub
0 Kudos
maziboss
Contributor
Contributor

As Olivier C. wrote check these function. If you are using vIDM configure Mobile SSO for iOS. After open the Hub app user will only put the password to protect the content (you don't need this) and will be automatically logged.
0 Kudos
JocelynB
Contributor
Contributor

All of my devices are enrolled as a staging user. They are also enrolled in Apple School Manager.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Jocelyn, so are you saying that after your devices were enrolled with your staging user account, you then launch the Hub app and it's prompting you for an email address, QR code, etc.?
0 Kudos
JocelynB
Contributor
Contributor

Not every one - it's random. Some are fine and then others prompt for email address, group number, etc. They're all iPads with either iOS 12 or iOS 13.

Forgot to add that they are loaners and then brought back to be wiped and reloaded.

0 Kudos
SagarDhilaSagar
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using WK1 Authentication or VIDM Authentication for enrollment ? - WS1 is performing the authentication

Are your devices enrolled as actual or staging users initially? And are these shared devices by any chance? - Actual users are enrolling in most scenarios. These are not shared devices.

Users navigate to our SSP to generate a QR Code to scan from the Intelligent Hub which was downloaded from the Apple App Store rather than a VPP app because majority of our devices are BYOD.
0 Kudos
alldaymcrae
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this? We've been using WS1 authentication and its doing the same thing as described here giving an error '  Error in authenticating the user'  works fine if I create a local user to WS1 but not when using the AD authentication .
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

The error suggests the authentication issue between your AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC) and your internal AD. I will start with reviewing the logs on your ACC.
0 Kudos
SagarDhilaSagar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I've opened a support ticket and this is the current update:

For all affected devices, we assign the app as ' Managed' . Once the command is received to the device, the app launches normally without the user entering any information.

However, if it doesn't work, please force close the app and re-launch it.

Please let me know if this works.
0 Kudos
GregRStar21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi you can fix this by setting up a SSO policy on VIDM for WorkspaceOne and Hub Access