VMware Workspace ONE Community
RobinB123
Contributor
Contributor

Intelligent Hub Enrollment Email Activation Error

Hi,

We have a strange issue that seems to be only affecting our older Android devices running Android 5.1.1.    If we enroll them into Intelligent Hub and apply the Exchange Active Sync profile we get the following error when validating the account settings: " Activation Failed  Unable to connect to network  Try again with network providers default APN".      We get this error when you try to manually add the mailbox account to the native mail app.  If i try Gmail or Boxer the email account can be added without issue so i am telling users to switch to Boxer or upgrade their mobile

Mobile running later versions of Android don't have this issue so i think it is a recent security update from Samsung to block the EAS connections or something like that

Has anyone else had anything similar

Regards

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
pevans00
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just to confirm, is this device being enrolled under Android (Legacy) and not Android Enterprise?  Assuming that's the case, most older Android devices did not support management of the native email client.  Certain manufacturers certified certain devices with additional MDM capabilities (such as SAFE v1 for Sony, LG Enterprise v1 for LG, Sony Enterprise v4 for Sony devices); but this was only available for devices approved by the manufacturer, that also as the appropriate OEM service app installed.  Other apps such as Gmail or Boxer (formerly AirWatch Inbox) tended to work much better in these scenarios.

Could you give some specifics of the exact device make and model you're testing with?  If you go into the Device Details in WS1, do you see anything listed in "Enterprise Version" under the "Device Details" section?

0 Kudos