VMware Workspace ONE Community
HirnKhan
Contributor
Contributor

Installation of Dell SupportAssist for Business

We would like to install Dell Support Assist for Business on all our Dell pcs via Workspace One. Installations always seem to fail or not complete while installing the same product version directly on the same pc works - so all software requirements should be in place.

I was wondering if anybody has successfully installed  Dell Support Assist for Business from Workspace One? I have found this document https://dl.dell.com/content/manual27365606-supportassist-for-business-pcs-with-windows-os-deployment... , but it only gives general information - not WS1 speciific like what to enter under 'When to call install complete'

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wdeboodt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you share  more details on how you have configured your app distribution settings and any error you are running into?

Best regards,

Wannes

0 Kudos
HirnKhan
Contributor
Contributor

I use the supportassist64.exe to install SupportAssist

The installation is set to automatic

I have added the 'mst that is created when you prepare the download from the web

The install command : SupportAssistx64.exe TRANSFORMS={transform files} DEPLOYMENTKEY="xxxxxxxx"

Install context  : Device

Admin priviledge : Yes

When to call complete - Defining Criteria : Registry exists HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DELL\SupportAssistAgent

The error I get is Final Detection Failed

0 Kudos