VMware Workspace ONE Community
administradorwi
Contributor
Contributor

Install Firefox on Android and select as default browser

Hi,

We need to install Firefox on our Android devices and we need to put Firefox as default browser.
Is it possible configure this option using Airwatch/Workspace ONE? Or it's only possible to do it from the devices?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
5 Replies
larmst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I need this answer as well, but for the deployment of Workspace ONE Web instead of Chrome, and to default to Outlook instead of Gmail. I've been stuck on this step for far too long.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Same here. I can foresee us needing to set MS Outlook app as default over the managed Gmail app.

larmst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cheng, do VMware support people browse these boards? Or is it all users supporting users? I'd file a ticket with VMware support but my org does not allow that and makes me go through system engineers who mostly focus on the iOS side of WSONE

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I've come across many great folks from VMware on this board, but most are just customers like you and me.

I used to focus on the iOS side only but as we all know you can't ignore Android and now Windows and other platforms as well or any endpoints for that matter.

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

One way we solved this was to disable the other options so the user didn't have a choice...  So use App Control to blacklist the apps we didn't want people to use.  That would (in a round-about way) accomplish the request presented.  However, it would mean that there could only be one choice, which might not satisfy every company's need...

0 Kudos