VMware Workspace ONE Community
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Importing/pasting an image in to a message template

I am attempting to create a new message template for use with a compliance policy. The item I want to add to this template is from a Word document and contains a lot of frames, etc., which cannot be reproduced using the editor in the message template area. I figured I could simply take an image of the document and paste it in to the template, and that appeared to work until I saved it - the image then disappeared. Has anyone been able to make this work? I also notice there is an "Insert image" option, but I have not been able to get that to work either. Any examples you can provide of how you may have achieved this (assuming it is possible) would be appreciated! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update: VMWare appears somewhat mystified by this as well, but unfortunately the rep who responded to my SR indicated that he actually has no experience with messaging templates at all so he has to confer with another group to provide assistance. More to follow ... 

0 Kudos
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So the final answer on this was: it's broken. 

For reasons unknown, pasting of images in to message templates is no longer supported by VMWare. They cannot answer why or when this change occurred, but did confirm that it is no longer supported. The only method available to me to import an image is to use the "Insert Image" option, which required having the image(s) I want hosted on an internal company web page which I can then link to and have it appear in the template. 

0 Kudos
mikeparker
Contributor
Contributor

Hey There!!

I'm currently facing a challenge while creating a message template for compliance purposes. The content I need to include is intricate, with frames and elements that the template editor can't reproduce. Initially, I tried pasting an image of the document into the template, but it vanished upon saving. I've also attempted the 'Insert image' option without success. Has anyone successfully accomplished this? If so, could you share examples or insights on how to achieve it? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated! By the way, don't forget to check out free premium images on PicsArt (https://www.picsartgeeks.com/ ) for your creative needs!

Regards Eric Plent!!

0 Kudos
RizwanAli3
Contributor
Contributor

Hey There!!

I'm currently facing a challenge while creating a message template for compliance purposes. The content I need to include is intricate, with frames and elements that the template editor can't reproduce. Initially, I tried pasting an image of the document into the template, but it vanished upon saving. I've also attempted the 'Insert image' option without success. Has anyone successfully accomplished this? If so, could you share examples or insights on how to achieve it? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated! By the way, don't forget to check out free premium images on PicsArt (https://picsartgeeks.in/) for your creative needs!

0 Kudos