VMware Workspace ONE Community
jwininger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Identity Manager 3.1 slow boot

I upgraded my test environement from 2.8.1 to 2.9.2...then to 3.1.  The boot process is now extremely slow, hanging on multiple "logger: updateiptables.hzn Discovering IP address" messages.  Anyone else experienced this?

Also, on a different note, this product has always been extremely buggy.  Every upgrade has had a new major issue. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes! Seeing this as well. Boot takes a very long time (15-20 minutes) with multiple "Discovering IP Address" messages in the boot screen messages.

vIDM 3.1 new install, not an upgrade.

0 Kudos
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check for the existence of the following file: /usr/local/horizon/conf/flags/enable.kdc. It should be there. If it is not, just touch the file and run updateiptables.hzn again.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
jwininger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The file didn't exist, but creating it made no difference.  What else could be causing the issue?

0 Kudos
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tried this.

File didn't exist, so I touched it to create it. Rebooted the appliance two times to check, but it had no effect at all. It still uses ages at "logger: updateiptables.hzn Discovering IP Address"

0 Kudos
jwininger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I opened a support request and was informed that the issue is a known bug that will be resolved in the next release...3.2.  Not sure how such a bug made it past QA in the current release.

0 Kudos