VMware Workspace ONE Community
BrandonOKC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IOS 12 Beta Prerelease Issue tracking

Now that Apple has released IOS 12 Public Beta users as you are already loading the update.  Nice to see they added the option to manage O365 OAuth / MFA / Modern auth email configurations using profile payload.  VPP updates now monitored and udpated when app released. Yeah!!! Man having 4K devices all receiving apps via device assigned VPP has been a “PIA” keeping AW apps updated to the latest release before Apple drops a new IOS version.

Use this forum to post outcomes of your results after testing and share with each other issues that need to be addressed before Apple signs off on IOS 12 for public release.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm usually better with posting this:
Appleseed iOS 12 Beta 1 release notes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz5q0pu5i5aseph/iOS%2012%20Beta%201%20AS%20Notes.docx?dl=0
0 Kudos
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
BrandonOKC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get that for tracking issues to have Apple address. This forum post is for AirWatch admins and users to report AirWatch apps and MDM problems specifically, so each other can collaborate on the reported problems before Apple releases to general public outside Public Beta.
0 Kudos
cambonp
Contributor
Contributor

Is it me or device restart, wipe or maybe other commands don't work on iOS 12 Beta 5 with AW 9.6?

(DEP devices)

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

my restart command is working on beta 5 console 9.2.3 but,
The restrictions to disable enabling restrictions ' Allow configuring Restrictions'  does not seem to work the restrictions section moved into the screentime section now called content and privacy restrictions and is no longer enforced, the clear restrictions passcode command also does not clear the new equivalent screen time passcode, also it will not accept the set passcode, after trying to clear it
0 Kudos
cambonp
Contributor
Contributor

Full wipe command was queued and pushed as soon as the device was enrolled again 🙂
Strange
0 Kudos
MarkHolden
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,
I have been testing iOS 12 for the past month and the only issue I seem to have is that native mail does not appear to refresh in the background. Does anyone have any understanding as to why this may be happening?
0 Kudos
LeonardGray
Contributor
Contributor

On Console version 9.3.0.6, just loaded iOS Public Beta 6 on a test device and attempted a DEP enroll.  Goes through all of the motions, asking for credentials and skipping all of the prompts we have configured for the associated DEP profile, but the MDM profile never gets installed.  Looking at the device on MDM (Lifecycle), see in the Troubleshooting log that all of the post-enrollment tasks (install profiles, apps, etc.) are queued up, but without the MDM profile on the device, none of this going to happen.  Had to manually download Agent and perform an Agent based enroll in order to complete.  Anybody else seeing this?
0 Kudos
cambonp
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I had the same issues and Beta 9 fixed that all.
0 Kudos
MarkHolden
Contributor
Contributor

I just loaded Beta 7 on and will now upgrade to Beta 9 to test. Thanks
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

anybody having weird workflow on enrolling iOS Beta 12.1.1? enrollment goes as far as profile install and rather than asking to install the profile it downloads it and tells you to manually go and install it from settings.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

12.1.1 Release notes concerning profiles:

' Profile Installation
iOS 12.1.1 beta 1 introduces a new workflow for manually installing configuration profiles. When you manually install a profile, for example from a website or an email message, you will receive a notification that the profile has been downloaded. To install the profile you must launch Settings and tap General then tap Profiles or Devices Management. You will see a list of Downloaded Profiles. You can inspect each one and install or delete it. If you do not install the profile within 24 hours of downloading it, it will be deleted automatically.

There is no change for profiles installed by Mobile Device Management (MDM), or for MDM enrollment to servers assigned in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager. However, this does change the workflow for manually enrolling in MDM. Please test your MDM enrollment workflow and file feedback for any problems you find.

Apple plans to test this workflow in iOS 12.1.1 beta but revert it in iOS 12.1.1 GM. We plan to include it in a future iOS 12 GM update.'
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

Luke,
Fountain of knowledge as always. Thanks for this. This is an awful change imho.

Submitted my negative feedback to apple already as well.

Thank you for the info Luke

0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

it caught me off guard as well. Just another confusing step to a manual enrollment.
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

It's terrible. Breaks the flow. Requires user to leave the enrollment and go to settings, then user needs to go back. Not techie ones wont know how. You can end up with several identical profiles waiting to install. Even after complete enrollment you have those extra profiles there hanging for 24 hrs. Not every country or carrier supports DEP so its a very bad end user experience.
0 Kudos
RobertDowson
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone having issues pushing updates to iOS 12 devices? I need to run the command twice - Once to download and a second time to install the update.
It works fine on iOS 11.
Also, AirWatch still doesn't have support for selecting which version of iOS to push out. This should be possible for devices on iOS 12+
0 Kudos