VMware Workspace ONE Community
ahmad090
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

IDM with Azure MFA requires TrueSSO

hi,

Anandakrishnan

i am implementing horizon 7 with identity manager , both latest versions (7.7 and 3.3)

i am willing to use Azure MFA as double factor authentication for logging to identity manager.

do we need to configure true SSO on Horizon ? or it consider this same as AD credentials ?

appreciate your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anandakrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You have to enable SSO between Horizon and VIDM.

For an example when Horizon VDI accessed it will contact VIDM for authentication but for VIDM Azure is IdP so it will redirect request to Azure to get authenticate and enables the Auth.

Below link will help you to configure what you need.

VMware Identity Manager using Azure AD as 3rd party Identity Provider - Horizon Tech Blog

VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise Edition On-premises Reference Architecture

Lab for Integrating Horizon and WS1-VIDM:-  VMware Learning Platform

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anandakrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Ahmad,

Thanks for your post.

I am just trying to understand few things over here.

1. For Horizon, VIDM is the Identity provider right ?

2. But for VIDM, Azure is the Identity provider ?

Which means when a user trying to access Horizon VDI it will redirect first to VIDM then VIDM will redirect to Azure to get authenticate ? Is my understanding correct ?

ahmad090
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

yes as you are saying.

in this case do we need true sso to be enabled ? Since the credentials are AD cred

0 Kudos
ahmad090
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anandakrishnan

hi,

any thoughts ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Anandakrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You have to enable SSO between Horizon and VIDM.

For an example when Horizon VDI accessed it will contact VIDM for authentication but for VIDM Azure is IdP so it will redirect request to Azure to get authenticate and enables the Auth.

Below link will help you to configure what you need.

VMware Identity Manager using Azure AD as 3rd party Identity Provider - Horizon Tech Blog

VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise Edition On-premises Reference Architecture

Lab for Integrating Horizon and WS1-VIDM:-  VMware Learning Platform

ahmad090
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks,

but why in vmware documentation they said that TrueSSO is only required for RADIUS and RSA SecureID?!!

0 Kudos