VMware Workspace ONE Community
Lyghtnin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IDM Airwatch and Horizon View Directory Question

Team,

I'm working with a customer to setup Horizon View 7 and integrate it into Workspace One. They already have IDM and Airwatch setup and working. When they setup the directory for Airwatch they left it at the default and did not choose the 'userPrincipleName' which as stated in the Horizon View documentation as 'Required'.

Since I cannot create another directory to the same AD and you cannot add a 'Required' attribute after it's been setup - what are my options?

I also want to add that a few weeks ago I setup this up in the older HOL and did not use that attribute and it still worked and just as I was writing this I went into the HOL and was trying to verify some details and I noticed that there are new labs and one of the newer labs "HOL-1851-05-ADV - VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon View 7" PG 44 NO longer says it's required, it only mentions the following:

For example, integration with Citrix requires that the distinguishedName attribute be selected.  For the purposes of this lab, userName is the only required attribute. Accept what is configured and click Next.

So with this info would you say it's safe to utilize the current directory that is setup for AirWatch? I'm familiar with the Horizon View/IDM setup but this is my first run in with Airwatch so I want to make sure this all plays well.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies