VMware Workspace ONE Community
fschuszterl
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want the HUB agent to be password protected on iPhone.

Dear Support Team,

I want to open the Intelligent HUB agent on the iPhone6 smartphone. But it asks for a password.
How do I turn this off on all iOS devices? I don't want the HUB agent to be password protected on the smartphone.

(So far, we have only used Android devices. They don't ask for a password when I want to open the agent on the smartphone. We want to extend the AirWatch to iOS devices now)

Our environment:
https://abegconsole.awmdm.com/AirWatch/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fAirWatch%2f

Regards,
Gabor
gabor.nagy@asahibeer.hu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

This is just a forum, be glad to help, but you may want to edit this and remove your info there.

You can fix this by going to your console and the following ' Groups & Settings - All Settings - Apps - Settings and Policies - Security Policies'
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Ferenc I've been curious about this as well but always forgot to ask 🙂 so Luke I'm assuming once I get to that page I need to turn off the Authentication Type? Is there any major downsides to do this that your aware of?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

It only really matters if you are using SSO across the apps or not. If you only want to turn this off for one Airwatch/Vmware app, use SDK profiles and turn it off for that app only. This setting is a global setting for and SDK enabled Airwatch App (hub, content, browser, etc). I myself see no reason to have to login to the hub, but you may have different concerns.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response Luke and I agree I don't see a need for it. Honestly it was something I overlooked it just so happened the same day this question got posted I had a user point out to me that on their Android phone they didn't have to sign into the Hub but on their iPad they did. Since I'm an Android user I never really noticed that our iOS users were being prompted to do so and prior to the Hub they never really had a need to go into the Agent so its just been something they have dealt with for the last year. Anyways thanks for point out to Ferenc and me how to do so as this will make our users happier I'm sure.
0 Kudos
JocelynB
Contributor
Contributor

Question: out of 40 iPads only 2 are asking for a login when I open the Hub app. What could be causing that?
0 Kudos