VMware Workspace ONE Community
matttye
Contributor
Contributor

Hub App Crashes on Group Selection - iOS

On Prem version 19.03

iOS device enrollments, multiple sub-versions of iOS 13

User installs and opens Hub app, enters email address, then when presented with Group Selection, the app crashes back to home screen.

Reboots, uninstall/reinstall not fixing the issue.  I already have a ticket open, just coming here as well for any help. 

Thanks. 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
AdamVazzoler
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here...
Response from VMWare:
Hello Adam,

Yes, the temporary work around is to use web-based enrollment.

Our internal teams are working on having the issue resolved.

This is what the 1st link states :

Symptoms
Hub 19.09 for iOS crashes when user attempts to make a selection on the Organization Group page. This issue appears in a situation where Group ID Assignment is set to “Prompt User To Select Group ID” in the UEM Console.

Version Identified
Hub 19.09 for iOS on iOS 13+ devices

Resolution
Our product team has been engaged and is actively working to resolve the issue.

Workaround

You can enroll a device using a web-based enrollment process. To enroll an iOS device, use the built-in Safari browser. Reference the following link.
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/1909/iOS_Platform/GUID-AWT-ENROLLSAFARI.html

Regards,
Advance Services Team
Global Support Services, VMware Inc.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks for sharing the info! I'm staying away from iOS 13 on all my corporate dedicated devices. For BYOD, however, there's only so much I could do.
0 Kudos
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue here as well..I tried web based enrollment but after entering GroupID or email address, the next page prompts me to install hub from Apple store. There is no option to continue enrollment without installing the hub.
0 Kudos
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Posted too early.. Require Intelligent Hub Enrollment for iOS is enabled
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Is everyone clear the difference/benefits with Hub enrollment versus web-based enrollment?
0 Kudos
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I might be missing some information. Do you know of a document I can look at ? Thanks
0 Kudos
matttye
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks everyone for the info.  Using the app for enrollment is like muscle memory, so my mind didn't even go to the web enrollment scenario.  As far as I know, the only real benefits to App enrollment are:

It saves the user from having to (incorrectly) enter a URL in the browser.
The user can set an app password (which as far as I can tell is utterly useless).
The user can sync and/or check in the device.
Push notifications
And a few other benefits that aren't coming to mind right now. 

Again, thanks to everyone who contributed some info here.  I really appreciate it. 
0 Kudos
KevinMigliaccio
Contributor
Contributor

the easy solution for those differences is if you use VPP have the Hub app pushed down for each install or make it a managed app by doing so you will have the push notifications etc available.
0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good morning - We're experiencing this issue as well. Please update us all when an app resolution is found!
0 Kudos
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Web-based enrollment is working on new iphones for me. New iPads are not enrolling . App crashes, same behavior.
0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just FYI - One of my users reported that there was an updated version of Hub released 16 hours ago, and she was able to use this new version to enroll her device through Hub properly.
0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah I think 19.09.1 is out to address this issue.
0 Kudos
Phat8
Contributor
Contributor

Version 19.09.1 fix the problem with the HUB crashing when selecting OG with iOS 13. But the HUB 19.09.1 has problems with certain iOS versions. Only the HUB is installed and the rest of the VPP application are not pushed to the devices. Only when we force a ' Device Sync'  and Query Apps, will the Apps be pushed and installed on the devices....
0 Kudos