I try to update our Zebra device per WS1. With this manual I created XML and upload my sources:
Create an OS Upgrade for Zebra Devices, Android 8.0+ (vmware.com) --> Full (BSP) Upgrades
after download sources I see this log under Products in my Console
2021-09-17 10:19:32 INF Connecting to HTTP server: ****
2021-09-17 10:19:32 INF Download complete: UPDATE.xml
2021-09-17 10:19:32 INF Generating hash for file:/data/tmp/public/UPDATE.xml
2021-09-17 10:19:32 INF File hash matched, Validation successful
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF Downloading result 0
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF Executed: SETUP over step number: 1
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF Executing: PROCESS over step number: 1
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF Processing INSTALL manifest Android Zebra update v3
2021-09-17 10:19:33 ERR Applying of custom settings failed Custom Settings is not supported
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF processManifest process result for 1 is : 1
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF processManifest validate result for 1 is : 1
2021-09-17 10:19:33 ERR Action 1 : error processing
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF Processing INSTALL manifest Android Zebra update v3 result=false
2021-09-17 10:19:33 ERR Product step execution failed at step: 1
2021-09-17 10:19:33 INF Moving product to state: FAILED
My question is, how can I enabled Custom Settings? I created allready profile for Android and add my custom settings. The same I have in UPLOAD.xml file
<characteristic version="8.1" type="PowerMgr">
<parm name="ResetAction" value="8" />
<parm name="ZipFile" value="/data/tmp/public/HE_FULL_UPDATE_11.zip" />
You are looking at the right resources. Follow the "Create an OS Upgrade File-Action, Android" link in the same article. Then deploy to device as a Product. Works well for patching 8.1. Android 10 is a bit more tricky. You can also use Zebra's OEMConfig applicaiton.
we create a cloud share over azure where we upload a firmware for tc52. After that I create over StageNow a profile with QR Code. In this QR Code is a link to this firmware zip file.
Maybe this video can help for you.
on-prem doesnt work, you need a relay server on-prem or you need a CDN.
sorry for my english...
Thanks I'll take a look. Appreciate the response. For me I have a relay server. Basically just a glorified SFTP server in the DMZ. I did have one device work but two others had the error you have. Trying to understand what's happening.
Thanks. That "may" have helped. I also set my device into Developer mode before your reply as I was going to gather logs on the device. That said, I installed the AirWatch Zebra MX Service. Had the OEMConfig on already. This time went thru so think that's a good thing. I saw a message for a bit. White background. Think picture of a PC or something. Was saying Profile not found. Then something about not being enrolled with a Sync button at the bottom. Dissapeared before I could read it all.
Device as both checking in. Don't have the other device but user saying it's saying that and was in a panic state.