oliviamanger
Contributor
Contributor

How to reset local computer passwords using Workspace One (mac and windows)

Hello! I'm working to implement Workspace One into our organization and am struggling on how to figure out how to have the ability to reset local computer passwords through the Workspace UEM. Right now our computers are manually set up for each new hire, then the employee logs into Workspace One intelligent hub using their Okta credentials to enroll. After testing and applying passcode profiles for both mac and windows, we've been unable to find a way to reset local computer passwords if an employee gets locked out. We have not been able to find relevant documentation to help figure this out yet either.

Is there a way to use Workspace One UEM to not only apply a passcode policy but to also reset it? Does it exist as a built in function or through any other creative work around?

Thank you!

Moderator edit by wila: Moved thread to Workspace ONE discussions

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported both your threads so that moderators are notified they can be moved to the correct area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos