VMware Workspace ONE Community
Mobisense
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to add routing to configurator or change mask

Hi,

configuration set my mask to 255.255.255.0, but my DNS server is 255.0.0.0. For it can not find it. How can I change the 255.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 in the Horizon Workspace or add routing.

2013-11-13_10-36-15.png

Im newbie.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your gateway and DNS are the same IP. Is that really true?

If it is and 10.0.1.10 have a subnet of 255.0.0.0 it wont simply work. All hosts on the same subnet must have the same subnet mask.

I see the DNS Domain is not specified in the ip-pool. That is a requirement as well..

Can you send a print screen of the reverse records?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have you configured reverse lookup? The vApp must be able to contact a DNS with propper reverse records for all five vms in the vApp. The setup is pulling the host names from these reverse records.

I do not understand what you mean with your DNS have 255.0.0.0.. Is that it's subnet mask? If so, as long as it is correct for the network segment where the DNS is hosted it shouldn't matter. Different segments can very well have different subnet masks. Can you post screenshots from your DNS configuration showing the reverse lookup records and the ip-pool settings in vSphere?

Mobisense
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"the corresponding netmask is 255.255.255.0...." the problem is

2013-11-13_10-53-21.png

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your gateway and DNS are the same IP. Is that really true?

If it is and 10.0.1.10 have a subnet of 255.0.0.0 it wont simply work. All hosts on the same subnet must have the same subnet mask.

I see the DNS Domain is not specified in the ip-pool. That is a requirement as well..

Can you send a print screen of the reverse records?

0 Kudos
Mobisense
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes. You right. I didn`t set DNS records in Revers Lookup zone.

Right now is working. thank you very much for fast reply.
2013-11-13_11-25-23.png

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Glad it worked out okay for you..

0 Kudos