VMware Workspace ONE Community
odisjohnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How do you increase the session timeout in console for Workspace One?

How do you increase the session timeout in console for Workspace One? After a recent update the timeout is now 5 mins. Also, sometime while actively using Workspace One it will just randomly kick us out. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pkinnera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We can not increase, This is VMware policy. I have open ticket they also confirmed this is new security policy they have implemented in new update. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
pkinnera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We can not increase, This is VMware policy. I have open ticket they also confirmed this is new security policy they have implemented in new update. 

odisjohnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for providing that answer. 

0 Kudos
VacaBob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This really needs to be put back in the hands of the administrators. Five minutes, especially while actively working on the console is REDUNCULOUS!!!

jllowton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are struggling with this as well. Was in a support call with VMWare working in the console and it timed out a few times while we were working. Really frustrating to say the least.

Admin need to be able to manage this.

0 Kudos
odisjohnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Agreed!

odisjohnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I also agree!

0 Kudos
chrisPreshaw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is not an answer really.

As an Administrator, constantly having to frequently re-login to Workspace One Console is frustrating in the extreme. Please put the timeout duration back in the hands of the "Administrators".

Part of the title is "Admin" and we need to have some control over how we manage login policies for our company systems, not have a ridiculously low login time forced upon us.

Many time s while I am looking into a problem on the console, I may need to refer to multiple other articles and websites, and then come back to find out I have to provide login details again.

This is more frustrating if you use a long and complex password for security reasons and need to re-enter it repeatedly.

AlexBonnaire
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

indeed,

according to our TAM, a patch should fix it in some weeks to find back a correct timeout..

wait & see

0 Kudos