VMware Workspace ONE Community
SynacorIT
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get airwatch to deploy it's own agent?

We have been trying to get the airwatch agent installed and enrolled on our ~500 existing machines both mac and windows. Most users just don't know what to do with it. Even with a detailed email. They end up creating a help-ticket and we get inundated with them. We need to be able to use airwatch to deploy it's own agent.

Right now I've been using SCCM to deploy airwatch for windows. To do that tho I had to use a service account to get airwatch installed and enrolled. The problem with doing that after the fact is airwatch doesn't display the end user that is logged in. Instead it just shows the service account used to enroll. You can't even go in and modify it to assign that device to a user with their email.

Macs is another problem that we haven't been able to crack. We have ~300 devices registered in airwatch from our Apple DEP account. Airwatch is linked to DEP. The problem is we have no idea how to utilize that to get airwatch installed and enrolled on Macs. We got it on one machine without interaction from anyone but we don't know what we did to duplicate that. Apple and Airwatch doesn't make it obvious on what to do. Support just says it's easy to do with no detailed instructions.

The professional services we got never completed the deployment of airwatch so we are stuck scratching our heads. I'm not at all impressed with Airwatch.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies