VMware Workspace ONE Community
RoosterMDC
Contributor
Contributor

HorizonThinAppClient log file grows out of control

My co-worker and I have both seen this issue now on our machines.  We have Horizon Workspace 1.5 installed, but are not using any ThinApps.  For some unknown reason and seemingly without cause, the HorizonThinAppClient log file starts to grow out of control, eventually filling up the entire disk.  I came in this morning and my c: drive was out of space and as soon as I cleaned up some old stuff, the drive filled back up again.  In addition, the HorizonThinAppClient process was spiking one CPU.  After killing the process and scanning my drive, the HorizonThinAppClient log file had grown to over 34GB, when days before it had only been several KB.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

4 Replies
HaiHuang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a known issue and is reported in bug report HW-30553: ThinApp > HorizonThinAppClient-[timestamp].log > Excessive log of "[hzntaclnt::ThinAppClient::PerformEntitlementCheck] Getting entitlements for user" causing out of free disk.

It has been fixed in VMware-Horizon-Workspace-1.5.2-1491533. If possible, please upgrade your Windows client to this build or later and it should fix this problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
RoosterMDC
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to download the Workspace client on My VMware, I only get the option for VMware-Horizon-Workspace-1.5.2-1444866.  How can I get the latest build?

sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We have not posted the latest builds yet. We will be releasing them soon. We will let you as soon as it is done.

0 Kudos
HaiHuang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please note that HWS 1.8 GA now is available. VMware-Horizon-Workspace-1.8.x should have this problem fixed.

0 Kudos