VMware Workspace ONE Community
HCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon suite and iOS application deployment

Hi, deployed demo of new Horizon Suite and I setup Application deployment.  I installed the horizon workspace app on an ipad and iphone but I am unsure what options you have for these devices when it comes to deploying applications?  My thinapp ones do not show up.  Any docs on these devices?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Today you can only present IOS applications from the Apple AppStore. This so you can recommend applications for your users. No real management as of today.

ThinApps will only execute on Windows clients, therefore in order for the ThinApps to show up you must access the Workspace using a Windows box and you must have the Horizon Agent installed.

IOS devices should be able to access SaaS based applications managed via Workspace and Horizon Data. If you integrate Horizon View you’ll get access to your VDI desktops as well.

0 Kudos
treverjackson
Contributor
Contributor

@pbjork-

What about a BYOD environment? Even with the agent installed unless their machine is joined to the same domain where the ThinApps share is located they cannot access Windows ThinApps. It's confusing my users a little since the apps show up but they still cannot access them.

0 Kudos