VMware Workspace ONE Community
dimi_tree
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon Workspace Windows Client - Saving username and password

Good Morning,

is there a way to save username and password in the Workspace Windows Client?

Right now, when the network is not available or when the client disconnects, I need to re-enter username and password to authenticate. Can it work like the Dropbox client (i.e its always connected?).

My Workspace and Client version is 1.5.2.

Thanks everyone in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have it and it works both for the client and the web interface. In fact this is a must have in my opinion. Of course when you are outside of your network you need to enter your creds. But that's normal. One thing that I struggled on as SSO can be tricky to implement sometimes. Go and check from a domain controller the properties of your connector object that will do SSO. Make sure that :   -  On the Delegation tab the "Trust this computer for delegation to any service (Kerberos Only)" is selected otherwise it won't work.   -  On the Attribute Editor check also the ServicePrincipalName has the correct values like HOST/connector-vaX.yourdomain.com  (We have a split dns and workspace is on mydom.com and initially it was set to local.mydom.com when the object got created) Have fun Seb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi There,

you don't need to be able to save username and passwords but you need to turn on SSO on your internal network.

To do so you will need two connectors. One for your external access that you don't join with AD and one for your internal access that you will join with AD that will allow you to use SSO.

Here is a great article that explains what you need to do to achieve this :

http://blogs.vmware.com/horizontech/2014/01/setting-up-kerberos-single-sign-in-sso-access-in-horizon...

Hope this helps Smiley Wink

Seb

dimi_tree
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Is the solution valid even for the Workspace Client or just for the web interface?

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have it and it works both for the client and the web interface. In fact this is a must have in my opinion. Of course when you are outside of your network you need to enter your creds. But that's normal. One thing that I struggled on as SSO can be tricky to implement sometimes. Go and check from a domain controller the properties of your connector object that will do SSO. Make sure that :   -  On the Delegation tab the "Trust this computer for delegation to any service (Kerberos Only)" is selected otherwise it won't work.   -  On the Attribute Editor check also the ServicePrincipalName has the correct values like HOST/connector-vaX.yourdomain.com  (We have a split dns and workspace is on mydom.com and initially it was set to local.mydom.com when the object got created) Have fun Seb

0 Kudos
dimi_tree
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fantastic! Thank you very much Seb!

I have one final question, what if my workspace is not published to the internet but is only available through VPN once you are outside the network?

I would log in using domain credentials and connect using VPN. Would this work for SSO?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Works for me when I am connected through vpn so I would tend to say yes.

You might need to check your firewall rules just in case it doesn't work depending on your zones and rules but it should.

Seb

0 Kudos
dimi_tree
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Perfect! Thanks! I'll try and let you know how it goes!

0 Kudos