VMware Workspace ONE Community
m_grewnow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon Workspace Remote App Authentication

Hello,

I am receiving the following message inside my Win7 VDI Horizon Workspace User Portal: "For security, this remote application requires entering your username and password to launch.  This is NOT your RSA SecureID password."

I have Kerberos enabled successfully using the secondary connector-va for SSO, so when I launch the "Open VMware Workspace web page" it authenticates me to my user portal automatically, but when I click a hosted app icon I get the above message.  IF... I supply my credentials one time I am able to launch all entitled applications for the duration of that browser session.  Once I close that window/session and launch another "Open VMware Workspace web page", I then have to repeat the process of supplying credntials.

I am running Horizon Workspace 2.0 with Horizon 6, I have default Authentication Methods and Policies from the Settings on the gateway-va(FQDN).  All SSL certs are in place and trusted for the vApp/vCenter/View.  The time on the vApps/View/vCenter/RDSH/VDI are in sync.  I have three hosted apps and all work normally once submitting username/password authentication or directly launched from the Horizon View Client.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Matt

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is working as designed. You will need to supply your password once per session to able to launch Horizon resources (Desktops and Apps). Since you are logging into Workspace Portal using kerberos, you are being prompted to enter a password on first launch of Horizon resources. If you logged in to Workspace Portal using username/password, you dont need to enter your password again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is working as designed. You will need to supply your password once per session to able to launch Horizon resources (Desktops and Apps). Since you are logging into Workspace Portal using kerberos, you are being prompted to enter a password on first launch of Horizon resources. If you logged in to Workspace Portal using username/password, you dont need to enter your password again.

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This can not be changed? VMware is telling customers that through Workspace they get a Single Sign On experience. Why do users have to enter their password when using kerberos?

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com