VMware Workspace ONE Community
yeadubs
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Workspace: Installation Fails With Password Change Required but no TTY Available

Hi,

We are attempting to do an evaluation of Horizon Workspace, but the installation keeps failing with the following error.  Could this be related to SSO somehow?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Horizon Error.JPG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
jsparks
Contributor
Contributor

yeadubs:

I am having the same issue.  I have been looking for a reason and a solution.  I will keep you posted if I do find out why this is happening.  Starting my sixth time installing now 😉

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is indeed a bug, that is triggering after 60 days after we built the vApp. We are in the process of publishing a new build.

Our apologies. I will send a note on the community once we publish a new build

0 Kudos
mthiha
Contributor
Contributor

i was about to create new thread for this issue.

sadly i got the same error.

0 Kudos
jsparks
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like VMware has posted an updated ova last night.  I will be deploying shortly to see if this resolves the expired password issue.

0 Kudos
yeadubs
Contributor
Contributor

Ok great.  Let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
jsparks
Contributor
Contributor

Okay up and running great.  Install went fine.  Nice to know this was something I couldn't control.  I was feeling really stupid for a while.

0 Kudos
yeadubs
Contributor
Contributor

That's great.  Where did you go to download the latest version of the OVA?  I downloaded the OVA from the VMware Horizon Workspace Product Evaluation Center and the OVA version is

VMware Horizon Workspace 1.5

2013-07-30 | 1.5.0 | 5.1 GB | .ova

Horizon Version.JPG

Did you use that version successfully?  I just want to make sure before I download and attempt to install again.

0 Kudos
nickjo67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It solved our password expiry issues when we redeployed with the latest build.

0 Kudos
jsparks
Contributor
Contributor

File size: 5.1 GB

File type: ova

Download Now

Name: horizon-workspace-1.5.0-1318295.ova
Release Date: 2013-09-10
Build Number: 1318295

The Horizon Workspace software is distributed as a virtual appliance. This should be downloaded first and installed using the Install Guide. This download contains the server-side virtual appliance.

NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer to download files, right click and Save Target As to your download location.

MD5SUM: db93133f4dc11ee7000f78cc8d322f85
SHA1SUM: fca39c762c0c4c2f1ee6fd0e01a138f85693e50e

- See more at: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=HZNWS150&productId=350&rPId=3974#sthash.pDltc...

0 Kudos
yeadubs
Contributor
Contributor

That is what I needed.  Thank you so much!

0 Kudos