VMware Workspace ONE Community
RoosterMDC
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Files Usage report does not show all users

Using Horizon Workspace 1.8 with Files.  We've got 88 users using Files, but the report only lists 18 of those users.  Why aren't I seeing the other users in the report?  For example, I don't see myself in the report even though I've been using Files the longest.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you see any errors in data-va logs?

0 Kudos
VMCommando
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue.

I checked various logs (which one is the best to check) on the data-va according to the vmware documentation. I saw some warnings in the logs but nothing that was a red flag for me, additionally I tried doing a grep on a user that wasn't showing in the report -- nothing in the log of note. Any ideas on this??

Data/opt/zimbra/ log/mailbox. log
audit. log
access_ log.yyyy-mm-dd
0 Kudos
RoosterMDC
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what I'm looking for, but nothing jumps out at me saying "error in running report x" or whatever.

0 Kudos
VMCommando
Contributor
Contributor

So no one has any ideas on this? It's certainly a crucial piece of functionality for the product.

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Data usage report is generated once per hour and sent to the Analytics system.  We need to determine if the problem is incomplete information being sent from the Data VA, or incomplete information being retrieved from the Analytics system.

Login to the Data VA as the zimbra user and run this command:
zmsoap -z ReportAllQuotaStatsRequest
This will confirm if the full information is being generated.

If that looks good, do you have more than one Service VA?  If you do, verify the elasticsearch instances are clustered together:
Login to the Service VA and run this command:
curl -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_cluster/health?pretty=true'

Look for  "number_of_nodes” in the output to match the number of Service VA’s you have in your cluster.  If it doesn't match, follow the instructions starting at step 5 in the "Create Multiple service-va Virtual Machines” section of the "Installing and Configuring Horizon Workspace” guide (http://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-workspace-18/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.hw-install.doc_18%2FGUID-7...) to make sure elasticsearch is clustered correctly.

0 Kudos
VMCommando
Contributor
Contributor

Login to the Data VA as the zimbra user and run this command:

zmsoap -z ReportAllQuotaStatsRequest

This will confirm if the full information is being generated.

<ReportAllQuotaStatsResponse status ="success" xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin"/>

If that looks good, do you have more than one Service VA?

No, I do not.

Do you have any other suggestions please on what else to do?

0 Kudos
RoosterMDC
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same result, and we only have a single service-va.

zimbra@data-va:~> zmsoap -z ReportAllQuotaStatsRequest

<ReportAllQuotaStatsResponse status="success" xmlns="urn:zimbraAdmin"/>

0 Kudos