VMware Workspace ONE Community
ToshiKanda
Contributor
Contributor

Help iPhone devices are un-enrolled after iOS upgrade 13.3.0

Hello,

Many iPhone devices are suddenly unenrolled after iOS upgrade 13.3.0.
Yesterday the below user upgraded to iOS 13.3. and the device was pushed out Airwatch.
Could you please help prevent this behaviour and let us know why it happend?

Thank you
Sejun
Support-Mhi@eu.kddi.com

Labels (1)
15 Replies
AdamVazzoler
Contributor
Contributor

Ensure the Intelligent Hub is up-to-date via App Store
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is there a compliance policy enforced that may be causing this? See this discussion:  https://support.workspaceone.com/posts/360031401013
0 Kudos
BarbraConner
Contributor
Contributor

FYI I have 26k devices running 13.3 and have not had this issue
0 Kudos
AnthonyCardona
Contributor
Contributor

Wow Brabra impressive 26k  ! , Are you a school district ?
0 Kudos
chesswilkins
Contributor
Contributor

What version of WSO/AirWatch are you on and are you up to date with the Seed scripts? I saw this in our environment (19.03) when the iOS beta 13.2.3 came out and device were forced un-enrolled and could not enroll as they were not considered on a valid OS version.

Make sure you are on the latest Seed script if you are using enrollment restrictions.

0 Kudos
BarbraConner
Contributor
Contributor

Anthony - No...we are a fortune 100 company
0 Kudos
AnthonyCardona
Contributor
Contributor

Nice , What company if I may ask ?  I want to use it as an example of a large company utilizing Workspace one so I can seel it to our people here 🙂
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Impressive number indeed. Anthony, I thought you are already using WS1?
0 Kudos
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same happened to me, one device with iOS 13.3.0 and one with 13.1.2.

Device logs don't show anything that would explain the sudden unenrollment. There was no compliance policy on the device.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I'm a SaaS customer running console version 1907 and have yet to witness this issue in my environment thus far.
0 Kudos
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm on 1912. The only thing that could've caused this is our passcode profile, but I feel like it should add an entry to the Event Log if the device gets erased because of this, shouldnt it?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I agree. You should be able to see some entries under 'Troubleshooting'. Are you are SaaS or on-premises customer?
0 Kudos
AnthonyCardona
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas, we have implemented WS1 but not for all departments in our county .  We basically have to see it internally to each department and get their buy in as each department has to pay for their own licenses out of their budget individually .  
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Got it. Will the departments be created as sub-OGs within your existing infrastructure, or will they have their own environments?
0 Kudos
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are running approximately 16,000 iOS devices, many of which are on iOS 13.3, and have not seen any issue. We were on 1909 until this past Friday when we updated to 1912.
0 Kudos