VMware Workspace ONE Community
maxallansurevin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Has anyone successfully used the API to send push notifications to OSX?

Hi,

I have raised a support ticket for this but response is a little slow so I thought I'd ask here too.

I can successfully send a message to my Android device :

(Set $USER to username:password and $KEY to aw-tenant-code:KEYVALUE)

curl -u ${USER} 'https://as556.awmdm.com/API/mdm/devices/messages/bulkpush?searchby=udid' -H $KEY -H Content-Type:application/json -d '{"MessageBody":"Hello","BulkValues":{"value":["95b7ef4d63dbe8efc2191372ee3ce46b2cba47d7"]},"Application":"IntelligentHub","MessageType":"push"}'

That appears in the device troubleshooting log with a Send Message Requested & Send Message Confirmed

However, if I just change the Udid to my mac's Udid, then the message does not arrive and it does not appear in the device log. (If I use bad Udid, I get an error)

(Both devices are in the same OG and the user has full console admin permission for now, to rule out "permission" being a cause of problems)

(PS If you're been looking at the documentation it says "AirWatch Agent" or "AirWatch" for app/msg type. I

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxallansurevin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For closure : After many emails back and forth the support team wanted a call. I can't imagine how talking to me is going to help them provide information they can't provide by email.

So, I'm assuming this is either broken/not possible and that getting Airwatch to send push notifications is beyond my level of "can be bothered" compared to migrating to Jamf.

(Especially considering I have another support ticket with a similar lack of any sort of resolution, just lots of email and time wasting)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
maxallansurevin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For closure : After many emails back and forth the support team wanted a call. I can't imagine how talking to me is going to help them provide information they can't provide by email.

So, I'm assuming this is either broken/not possible and that getting Airwatch to send push notifications is beyond my level of "can be bothered" compared to migrating to Jamf.

(Especially considering I have another support ticket with a similar lack of any sort of resolution, just lots of email and time wasting)

0 Kudos