Trying to install the Horizon Workspace VA and it keeps getting stuck on "Creating template for VM data-va"
If I try again this happens:
Then I shut down, restart, all the VAs start up instead of only the configurator-va, then I get an error for duplicate IPs if I try to run the configuration on the configurator-va.
Is this a vCenter Server in which there was a previous deployment of the Horizon Workspace vApp?
I found this topic about unused extensions in the Horizon Workspace documentation, and I've been wondering if it could be related to that symptom:
Not a successful deployment....
I think I got it to work, I tried to manually clone to template and received an error that there wasn't enough disk space. I doubled the datastore size (now 500GB) and started the vApp deployment again.
Yes I did, I just passed this point yesterday. I needed to upgrade our whole environment to 5.5. As we speak I am going over the whole installation again because I did fresh installs of my vcenter servers. So I need to apply those changes again. I’ll keep you updated…
John A. Jané
Sr. Systems Administrator
O: +1.561.314.0519 | F: +1.561.314.0510
5355 Town Center Road, Suite 1102 | Boca Raton, Florida 33486, US
Please use following as guidelines in case of error when creating a datava-template during deployment -
1. The vCenter credentials entered have administrator level privileges.
2. There is sufficient disk space to create datava-template. Alternatively you can use Thin
3. ESX/ESXi version is 5.0 or above.
Thanks for your reply!
I've checked the things you mentioned. The user has administrator privileges, there is sufficient disk space and the esxi version is 5.0.
I don't know if this counts but there was already a workspace 1.5 installed on this vcenter but it was deleted because I wanted to upgrade to 1.8.
Now it's working. Here is what I've done (it's not really a solutin):
- removed the vapp
- redeployed the vapp
- created a datavm-template (using this guide VMware Horizon Workspace 1.8 Documentation Center) before staring the vapp and configuring anything
- started the configuration. now it detected the manually created template but it also tried to create a new one so the installation failed
- removed the vapp
- redeployed the vapp and configured it and now everything is fine
I know, it's really strange...