VMware Workspace ONE Community
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GoogleUpdate.admx ingestion into CSP

Hi Guys,

I managed to ingest google.admx, I can see all the settings in the client registry so that looks good to me, although I have not got any further.

I have also ingested GoogleUpdate.admx into a CSP but it is failing to install:

Error Code Command response from device contains error
Profile Windows – Custom ADMX – Google Update

running GoogleUpdate.admx against Script : ADMXValidation.PS1 = no errors

im using this: 

<Add>
	<CmdID>00e402b9-1901-4960-bc4b-c9f2ec0cd51d</CmdID>
	<Item>
		<Meta>
			<Format>chr</Format>
			<Type>text/plain</Type>
		</Meta>
		<Target>
        <LocURI>./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/ConfigOperations/ADMXInstall/GoogleUpdate/Policy/GoogleUpdateAdmx/LocURI>
		</Target>
		<Data>
			<![CDATA[CONTENTS OF GoogleUpdate.admx]]>
		</Data>
	</Item>
</Add>

Im changed the last character of the CmdID to make sure it was unique.

attached is the GoogleUpdate.admx, do I have the LocURI wrong? I have tried with and without "/Device"

any ideas, does anyone have a completed GoogleUpdate.admx CSP?

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

nevermind, it looks like it might have been a typo. but is this really the best way to ingest 3rd party ADMX templates into Workspace One..?

at least intune has a bit of a GUI

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Guys,

I'm still trying to get my head around converting Google ADMX to CSP's and I've read a number or articles.
is there a way to create a CSP for a bunch of Policy classes? such as below? or do they have to be split up into individual CSP's?

is there some sort of GUI or converter that can simplify this process?

PS are there any Workspace One admins here in New Zealand?

Cheers

Stephen

<policy class="Both" displayName="$(string.ShowHomeButton)" explainText="$(string.ShowHomeButton_Explain)" key="Software\Policies\Google\Chrome" name="ShowHomeButton" presentation="$(presentation.ShowHomeButton)" valueName="ShowHomeButton">
<parentCategory ref="Startup"/>
<supportedOn ref="SUPPORTED_WIN7"/>
<enabledValue>
<decimal value="1"/>
</enabledValue>
<disabledValue>
<decimal value="0"/>
</disabledValue>
</policy>
<policy class="Both" displayName="$(string.HomepageLocation)" explainText="$(string.HomepageLocation_Explain)" key="Software\Policies\Google\Chrome" name="HomepageLocation" presentation="$(presentation.HomepageLocation)">
<elements>
<text id="HomepageLocation" maxLength="1000000" valueName="HomepageLocation"/>
</elements>
</policy>
<policy class="Both" displayName="$(string.HomepageIsNewTabPage)" explainText="$(string.HomepageIsNewTabPage_Explain)" key="Software\Policies\Google\Chrome" name="HomepageIsNewTabPage" presentation="$(presentation.HomepageIsNewTabPage)" valueName="HomepageIsNewTabPage">
<enabledValue>
<decimal value="1"/>
</enabledValue>
<disabledValue>
<decimal value="0"/>
</disabledValue>
</policy>
<policy class="Both" displayName="$(string.NewTabPageLocation)" explainText="$(string.NewTabPageLocation_Explain)" key="Software\Policies\Google\Chrome" name="NewTabPageLocation" presentation="$(presentation.NewTabPageLocation)">
<elements>
<text id="NewTabPageLocation" maxLength="1000000" valueName="NewTabPageLocation"/>
</elements>
</policy>

0 Kudos