VMware Workspace ONE Community
mike08
Contributor
Contributor

Google Play Console, deploy alpha app

We have an own developed Android app published to the play store, Workspace ONE is deploying this to our devices and it works great. We have also had an closed Alpha app track with a email list that has been working.

Now we have all our Android phones fully managed and i am trying to setup so Workspace ONE is deploying the Alpha app. I have been trying to find some good info about this but without any success. I have managed to do the setup both in the Google Play Console and in Workspace ONE for the Alpha app deployment but it's only pushing the production app to the devices.

In Google Play Console i have;
- under Pricing & Distribution enabled ' Turn on advanced managed Google Play features' 
- under app release/closed track/Alpha/Manage testers/Organisations have our ' store ID'  that our other android apps our published. Also have the email list with approved users. The Opt in URL has been clicked on the devices belonging to the approved users.
- The alpha release version is higher than the production app version and the alpha is ' Full roll-out'

In Workspace ONE;
- I have the production app published to all androids and 2 smart-groups. 1 smart-group for all android devices and the other smart-group with higher priority with Pre Release version ' Alpha'  enabled. Both smart-groups has also ' Managed access'  enabled

Somehow the devices still only pickups the production app... Anyone with some more info on this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies