VMware Workspace ONE Community
BrianGarr
Contributor
Contributor

Getting rooted device block on non rooted device

I need to enroll a huge number of Android 7.1.2 android set top boxes into on prem AirWatch.  Using latest version of HUB from Play.  After entering server address and ID, getting 'cannot enroll rooted devices error.  Devices are not rooted, and checkroot agrees.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Open a ticket for bad root detection alternately and strongly not recommended turn off root detection.  Also I did not know Android set top boxes were a thing that seems like an interesting item.  Do they have play services normally with no side loading?
0 Kudos
BrianGarr
Contributor
Contributor

Android TV is a thing. Can root detection be disabled by org id, thus limiting exposure

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes that setting is per Org group.  If you chose to change that for just some groups beware of where your devices go to when they first enroll you may end up with issues from the landing area (I have never tried that kind of thing)  Also Android tv is not quite normal android which may cause some issue.
0 Kudos
BrianGarr
Contributor
Contributor

where do I find that capability?
0 Kudos
Sankardayalsarm
Contributor
Contributor

Even I do have same issue with 3 different similar Samsung devices with android 7
0 Kudos
DavidWuDavidWu1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a user - Android 8, same error, unable to enroll, cause of rooted device.
0 Kudos