VMware Workspace ONE Community
arbhavanam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Getting error in boxer app while integrating with O365 "Need Admin Approval"

Hello All,

I pushed boxer for android devices and configured as per the product doc.

O365 side, active sync is enabled but getting this error while trying to access emails from boxer.

"Need Admin approval

Boxer needs permission to access resources in you organization that only an admin can grant."

I've checked with my Email team but they confirmed there is no such restrictions configured on O365 admin portal.

Is there any setting i'm missing on Boxer or any change needed on admin portal ?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arbhavanam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You are right..!

When we make O365 admin login into boxer app, he got the notification which gives option to trust and allow Boxer app.

Hope VMware will add these steps in install/config boxer document coz most of the organizations will by default block all 3rd party apps to access mails(O365).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Your company may have followed Microsoft's recommendation to disable users' permission to consent to applications.  With this Azure AD setting enabled, malicious actors may find ways to convince users to grant them access to the organizations data.  When the user consent is disabled, users are presented with an error message when attempting to access an app which has not yet been granted the permissions it requests.  Administrators will need to grant the required permissions to the Boxer app, in your case.  There may also be an admin consent workflow tied to this, setup when disabling the user consent option.  This would submit your request to the Administrators for review and potential allowance of Boxer to access your Exchange Online environment.

arbhavanam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You are right..!

When we make O365 admin login into boxer app, he got the notification which gives option to trust and allow Boxer app.

Hope VMware will add these steps in install/config boxer document coz most of the organizations will by default block all 3rd party apps to access mails(O365).

0 Kudos