VMware Workspace ONE Community
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Getting App to show up in the Workspace Google Play Store

We are using Android for Work (Work Profile) and I am having a time getting the ES File Explorer Manager to show up in the Workspace Google Play Store.
I am working with Tech Support and he is having a tough time as well.  I have Boxer in the Google Play Store within Workspace but wanted to get the ES File Explorer Manager to show up there in case people want to install or it OR if they have trouble and need to uninstall and reinstall, that they can get to it again. 

I feel like I have it setup like Boxer to show up, but it will NOT show up in the Play Store.  I have the app approved too!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

For folks that are using Android for Work (Workspace), how are you guys handling opening of ZIP files (for example, in an email in Boxer)?  Maybe I am looking at it wrong.
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  Well I tried doing a different application and still cannot get the app to show up in the Google Play Store inside Workspace.  I tried to add Waze and I approved it,
and assigned it to the proper smartgroup. and published it but when I go into the Play Store in Workspace I still do not see it. I do see Boxer inside there but cannot figure out why that one will show up but no others will.
0 Kudos
Bramdecorte
Contributor
Contributor

Normally u created your corperate google play account when u set up the android EMM registration.
If you go the https://play.google.com/work/licenses/apps?hl=en . Which apps do u see then?
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

I have the approved apps listed there. 
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Herndon did you by chance create a collection in the Play Store? If so you will need to go back in and add the app to your collection, you can do this by doing the following:

1) Add Application
2) Select Android as the platform then click next
3) Select the Collection Icon from the left side of the screen (3 squares and a + symbol)
4) Click the add app icon in the collection you want the app to show up in

From there select your app and you should be good to go
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Apps will not show up in the play store or function in the catalog for me either I tried to add agent and browser I added and assigned them in the console version 1811.0.5
0 Kudos