VMware Workspace ONE Community
gneville1985
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Generate Device Storage Usage

Hi

We would like to generate a Storage usage report on our fleet. I am unable to find the required report in the default list of reports.

Currently we are using 1902.

Please Advice

Labels (1)
8 Replies
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi gneville1985

You can have all information about storage capacity for any devices (w10, w8.1, iOS...) buy doing a normal device inventory report.

Once done, go text to column with commas and then check the columns AM - Device Capacity (GB) and AN - Available Capacity (GB).

Hope it helps,

Anton

gneville1985
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Anton,

I have tried it in the past and i have noticed that AM - Device Capacity (GB) and AN - Available Capacity (GB) is always empty. Please Advice

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Are you a SaaS or on-premises customer?

0 Kudos
gneville1985
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its On-Prem 1902

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Have you tried pulling in the same info with SQL query since you or your DBA admin have access to the AW database? If you can confirm that you can pull the correct data through SQL query but not through AW report, then VMware support will have to help troubleshoot this further.

gneville1985
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi chentmskcc

Currently working with VMware support last update was to run the below script but same results

select * from interrogator.InterrogatorSystemSample where deviceID = XXXX

will updates once it gets fixed.

AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

It seems I'm facing the same issue for w8,1 laptops on another environment.

Tried the query you mention and I cannot see the capacity neither, nor in the device inventory.

The only devices I'm able to see the storage are iOS / iPadOS .

It also seems that I have an issue with the sample time for compliance and I'm wondering if devices report correctly, will dig in and put findings.

If devices can't report properly to the console server then maybe it's just unable to fetch the data from them

0 Kudos
gneville1985
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Every one,

I was working with VMware support on the Storage report and they have informed its not currently available and is with the product team. Below is the response

The ability to be able to capture STORAGE CAPACITY, STORAGE FREE SPACE and SD CARD STORAGE for  android devices are not yet present in airwatch.

However we do have a PR raised for the same - PR-182361.

The product team is validating this and it should be incorporated in near future. We don't have any ETA yet.

Thank you