VMware Workspace ONE Community
MadalinesBee
Contributor
Contributor

Fraud / Abuse

Hi ! I am not a developer however I believe I have been stalked by one for a while and it has run my life , everything I own has been setup with a work profile via virtualization / fraud and resulted in tons of stalkerware insane permissions and abuse , I called the support line but was directed here , can anyone give me some advice to get my life and property back

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which VMware product do you think this relates to?

Who do you think might be doing the stalking, and why do you think this might relate to a VMware product?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
MadalinesBee
Contributor
Contributor

hi thanks so much for the response , well! a little backstory is I used to know a developer who I had an affair with who also had access to my home when i left for extended periods of time. I had a ton of personal documents in there including dmv and licenses and more that started going missing.

Soon after I noticed tons of files moved around on my computer and my bios version flashed to a werid build with a ton of virtualization options enabled, it seemed nothing i did mattered settings wise it would just revert upon restart.

I checked system devices and there was multiple virtual adapters that i could not toggle as well as system info indicating I have virtualization setup. even with a clean install and choosing "personal computer" it would still place me in a domain / organization as well as everything i do coped into NT User dat files duplicates of literally everything. and a workspace under advanced settings that I could not leave let alone ping back 

this was the same for my phones and even my bmw , as if it was all leased items through an enterprise even though i never was in one and fully paid for personal items. tons of times my computer locked me out and changed my password resulting in me having to reinstall entirely which made me have less and less control each time. i believe its influenced via linux kernel , domain and a virtualization service for buisnesses. as well as powershell being a main source as there seemed to be a ton of options regarding x86 x64 powershell presets.

my devices had these insane permissions such as never sleeping apps even if disabeled camera always on features , physical activity recognition , wifi direct with no toggle ability , transfer wifi credentials and video camera recording toggle on apps that dont relate to that.

It got worse and worse and ended up with me being sexually assaulted and reports with the FBI and local police , one final piece i believe you should know is i found some of the OSS software on my phone was linked to a remote repository via github where i was linked illigely as a local branch for a false organization as a way to fine tune source code for this I believe people that was friends with the man im accusing this of etc, I contacted github , azure , citrix , logic works , samsung developers and now vmware to get my life back so with that being said I hope maybe multi platform product you guys offer maybe an influence for these people doing this aswell???

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I still don’t know why you think this might have something to do with a VMware product, and if so which VMware product.

Unless you can be more concise about that, and about what your specific expectations are about VMware products, I don’t know what help other VMware users who use these Communities might be able to offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
MadalinesBee
Contributor
Contributor

well i believe im added into a "project" / "enterprise" server domain etc from these people to stalk me and using me as a fake employee in order to have control that , and isnt virtualization from vmware azure and more the capability to remote access set limitatations and monitor everything someone does if you own an enterprise as an admin and use virtualization capabilities , i know that does not scratch the surface for how elaborate these products are but i was hoping you would point me in the right direction for what product that may be , as everything auto sets up as an enterprise device when I put my info in whether that may be a new phone new computer etc

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Seen any VMware logos on any of the devices, or any VMware apps/icons/notifications?

Seen any mentions of Workspace ONE or Intelligent Hub on any of the devices?

Is the email address you are using to setup the devices a private one, or associated with the organisation you think might be stalking you?

0 Kudos
MuieDoBr
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a Software Engineer and I'm going through the same problem today and I know that my ex-partner who implemented it, the steps described in this thread are exactly the same as what I've been going through since I discovered it in December. Looking at the codes he left behind, I discovered that he has been doing this to me on all devices since mid-2019. And only he can stop it, as he has private administrative access.

I'm added to a workspace, there's an MDM program directly in the firmware and everything I do is monitored or sabotaged. I heard people close to my city with the same problem. I hope Vmware thinks of measures to avoid this type of situation.

0 Kudos
AnotherRandSA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you believe your mobile device is controlled by some Mobile Device Management tool on behalf of someone else, and you own the mobile device, you should contact your carrier to make sure the device is not automatically enrolled with the MDM, and then fully wipe/factory reset the device.

A factory reset will remove any existing MDM control IF you own the device and there is not a flag on the carrier's side pointing the device back to the brand's MDM gateway.

If you are concerned there are other control hidden on the device this will not fix, go to a different cellular carrier and purchase new service and a new device.

Besides that, these issues should be taken to the police/law enforcement, as they are not really actually technical in nature or related to the VMware Workspace ONE products except tangentially.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos