VMware Workspace ONE Community
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Find Device Sound silent on iPads

I am able to go to the device details More Actions and using the Find Device command hear a sound on my managed iPhone but not on two iPads. The sound volume is up and Notification Sounds are enabled for the Hub app installed. What is missing to make the iPads play the sound too? The notification banner displays immediately like on the iPhone "Find Device, Click OK to turn off sound" but there is no sound. There is no OK button either!
I found one iPad that does play the sound and can't find the difference between devices. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So I erased and re-enrolled one of the iPads that wasn't playing the Find Device sound. After launching the Hub app once to enable notifications it is now playing the Find Device sound. 

OK, I found it - I had installed the "Silent Mode" control to the Control Center and it was enabled so although other sounds were working the Notification sounds were not! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So I erased and re-enrolled one of the iPads that wasn't playing the Find Device sound. After launching the Hub app once to enable notifications it is now playing the Find Device sound. 

OK, I found it - I had installed the "Silent Mode" control to the Control Center and it was enabled so although other sounds were working the Notification sounds were not! 

0 Kudos