VMware Workspace ONE Community
kylewang
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to create data-va

I was trying to create 1 more data-va in my environment but always get an error "Failed to connect to sshd on localhost.localdom", does anybody encountered this issue before?

below is the detailed error msg:

configurator-va:~ # hznAdminTool addvm --type=DATA --ip=192.168.100.8

Please verify the configuration for new VM -

TYPE                           :    DATA                                   

IP Address                     :    192.168.100.8                          

Hostname (DNS resolved)        :    data-va2.mydomain.local               

Leave VM under maintenance     :    YES (default)                          

Is this configuration correct? (y/n - n will exit command) [y]: y

Adding new VM of type DATA with IP Address 192.168.100.8

Created VM data-va-1 of type DATA

Waiting for VM data-va-1 to boot

New data-va-1 VM has IP address 192.168.100.75

Waiting for sshd service to come up ...

Attempt #1

Attempt #2

Attempt #3

com.vmware.horizon.configurator.exception.ConfiguratorException: com.vmware.horizon.configurator.exception.ConfiguratorException: Failed to connect to sshd on localhost.localdom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kzelenko
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you fresh install the Workspace 1.5 or upgraded from 1.0?

0 Kudos
kylewang
Contributor
Contributor

it's 1.0 and not a fresh install, i just wanted to add 1 more data-vm as the user's growing.

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

kylewang

Did you make any progress? Can you make sure your networking is working correctly? I mean, can the new data-va reach the smtp host etc?

0 Kudos
kylewang
Contributor
Contributor

no progress yet, i am sure the networking is working properly as I can ping the new data-va successfully. the error message said that the script cannot ssh to the new data-va, but I tried ssh to the new data-va manually, it succeeded. also i noticed that the newly added data-va's host name is localhost.localdom, is this abnormal?

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, the hostname as localhost.localdom is the problem.. we need to see why that happened.

Can we setup a webex? If so, please send me a private message with the times that work? We are on Pacific Standard Time.

0 Kudos