VMware Workspace ONE Community
rstandridge
Contributor
Contributor

Factory reset locked out

Intelligent Hub is in a grey state, where it can't be updated or uninstalled.

Factory reset is locked out in settings and is unavailable from recovery mode as well.

Using ADB attempted to manually install Intelligent hub, it says successful, but it doesn't install.

It appears to the device is locked in a partially managed state of which I have not been able to bypass.

Any suggestions on what to try or a statement that this device can't be recovered in its current state would be appreciated.

Device: Galaxy Tab A 8.4" 2020   Model: SM-T307U

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported to moderators, it needs moving to the Workspace ONE area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BrenW
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, just another user but a couple of questions for you which may help point out a path forward.

What OS is the device at?

Is the device using ABM and MDM enrolled or was the hub loaded on manually? (Before the attempt with serial connection)

What is the state of the mac itself do you have any desktop control of it or is it locked out by file vault login prompts?

It may be worth checking the profiles loaded onto the device and confirm that the MDM profile is loaded in for it.

In WSO do you have a profile retrieving the encryption key from the device? If so you can then force reset the accounts on the machine to unlock and access it directly.

0 Kudos
rstandridge
Contributor
Contributor

This is Android OS version 11. It wasn't enrolled by me, but it was the process they were using was via Intelligent Hub enrollment.

Somehow it is shown as unenrolled in AirWatch, giving me limited options. On the device itself it is locked in management mode with no way I have found to exit it. The Intelligent hub is stuck in a partially uninstalled state and refuses to uninstall or install. I am not sure what to do with it at this point. As Factory reset is also unavailable from a hard reset as well.

0 Kudos
BrenW
Contributor
Contributor

My apologies, I've been stuck in the mac world the past few days and everything is mac.

Thank you for the extra info. Android 11  management is using the work profile setup but I'm guessing breaking the device free itself by 'Settings -> accounts - > remove work profile' is not an option for you.

Additionally as it's a Samsung device it could be managed by Knox and then passed onto WSO. If so you have the tools inside that management console to send a factory reset aswell.

0 Kudos