VMware Workspace ONE Community
guru05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

External access to Horizon Workspace and sharing of network folders

I am using Horizon Workspace 1.5

We have some some shared folders on our internal network that we would like to share on the Workspace. Things I have noticed is that you can share it but

1) It shows up as .lnk on the web client and you cant really see the sub folders/ files. You can however view the folders on the desktop client anyways to change that.

2) When I try to access the said folder through an external network.. it wont even let me view the sub folders. If I VPN into the office first and then access the folder it works. I was wondering if there is  a way to change that ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you talking about folders within Horizon Workspace file sharing??  Or an internal file share? 

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos
guru05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am talking about our internal file share. Is there a way to bypass using VPN?

Thank you

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

External access to CIFS shares (which it sounds like you are trying to accomplish) is not supported in Horizon Workspace 1.5. You can only make available Horizon Files folders/files.

0 Kudos
guru05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well its not supported on the Web and Mobile apps. It works pretty well on the windows desktop client.

So when I am at work, I can browse the sub folders/ files of our internal share which is being shared in the Horizon folder, For eg

At the office : Horizon Folder (Windows client)>> Internal Share (Test folder) >> All files and Subfolder

Now when I am not at the office, I have to VPN in to get to that sub folder. But since its being shared on Horizon can I just bypass the VPN and be able to get on it?

At home with VPN: Horizon Folder (Windows client)>> Internal Share (Test folder) >> All files and Subfolder

At home without VPN: Horizon Folder (Windows client)>> Internal Share (Test folder) >/> CANT GET HERE

Thank you

0 Kudos