VMware Workspace ONE Community
soprasterdia
Contributor
Contributor

Error with assigning applications - Page not loading. Go back to the previous page or refresh the pa

Hi all.
When I try to assign Android application I get error on this 

Page not loading. Go back to the previous page or refresh the page to try again.

Adding app from Play store works, apps that I added before can be assigned to new groups(and published) but new apps won't assign.

this happened after I upgrade the server. previously it working fine on version 1903. 

after upgrade, my current version now is 2105 patch 22.

Has anyone have similar error or can point me where to look?

Labels (1)
12 Replies
heacockd1
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting that same error.  Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.  I am on version 21.2.0.11 (2102)

0 Kudos
coachdk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

I have the exact same problem. Also on version 21.5.0.22. I have a ticket open regarding this problem.

0 Kudos
coachdk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi again,

we had to adjust the allowed applications in our firewall policies (palo alto).

The apllication traffic was detected as "google play" and that was not added to the policies before.

Either the application detection got an update and is more granular than before, or after the WS1 update the way

they connect to google has changed.

0 Kudos
heacockd1
Contributor
Contributor

coachdk,  thanks for the reply. 

I also have a ticket open with VMware.  I was able to assign the apps last month,  and yes it is possible that a network (firewall) rule has changed to not allow this to happen.  Here is the rub; I can go to the "play store" from a browser on the server (I have an exception to policy for this).  I can approve software to be installed.  I can then go to the customer site > APPS & BOOKS > Navtive > Public > Add Application and import from the store.  However, when I click the assign link it fails.   I am doing this all as an AirWatch Admin, which I just checked the role to verify it has full permissions. 

So I am at a point of frustration!! 

Also, I am on prem and recently upgraded to version 21.05.04

Regards, 

Dave

0 Kudos
soprasterdia
Contributor
Contributor

i am an prem too. had been contacted with support for few weeks now, and they still no solution on how to resolve this yet. been passed them all the upgrade logs and many server log, they still analyzing, so there is no solution yet.

any peer have resolve this issue, please do let us know on the solution. 

thanks in advance.  

0 Kudos
heacockd1
Contributor
Contributor

Folks, 

I was able to fix my issue in the following manner:  

- Upgraded to 21.5.0.30   - no change

* ran the 21.5.0.30 patch (all servers, DB, DS, Con - in this order) 

- Rebuilt the console server from a VM template

* completed microsoft updates

* ran the 21.5.0.4 full install (console only)

* ran the 21.5.0.30 patch (console only) 

* did not install McAfee (this will be the first application to verify). 

* updated the ACC server

* Note * The Console server is a vanilla MS 2019 server. I  applied the MS 2019 Server STIGs as part of the template.  I believe the issue to have been an IIS or an MDM STIG that was applied.  Without these STIGs applied I am now able to assign the application to a smart group / device / Organization / etc... 

I will need to apply each STIG and do follow up testing to verify which one breaks this feature.  As there are over 300 STIG's it may be a while before I can verify the culprit and remember to update this discussion.  I hope this helps whomever needs this.  

Tags (1)
soprasterdia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @heacockd1 thanks for you information. 

but as it a production environment, I do not want to rebuild the whole vm. 

so instead of rebuild the whole vm, possible if i can revert the snapshot to previous version and install the new version again?

and you mention STIG what is this? hope you can explain further. as im new this the environment. 

0 Kudos
ValeF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, any news from the vmware support?

0 Kudos
heacockd1
Contributor
Contributor

*soprasterdia,   

My console server was semi production.  As long as you are not re-installing your Database you will be ok starting your Console from Scratch. Hopefully you documented the install configurations when you 1st did it.  

You can try to revert to a snapshot pre-upgrade.  As long as you are not using "SnapShots" as a backup solution and leaving them out there forever.  This will cause you problems in the long run, as the new data is being store to the snapshot not the actual hard disk. It is good to remove all snapshots when completed with an upgrade or software change. Once you have verified all is working as expected. 

If you need to update the Database, make sure you are taking regular backups. I use a grandfather / father / son model. 

STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) provides information on how to harden an Information system component (server, firewall, router, etc...).   My organization requires me to follow these "GUIDES" as best as I can and document any deviations. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
heacockd1
Contributor
Contributor

@ValeF,

No response from VMWare  support.  I had a deadline that required me to move forward with the rebuild.  Fortunately this worked for me. 

0 Kudos
ValeF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, from which version did you start the update?

Thanks

V

0 Kudos
heacockd1
Contributor
Contributor

@ValeF- I was on 21.5.0.4 initially,  upgraded to 21.5.30  - this didn't fix my issue.  Rebuilding with the full install 21.5.0.4 and upgrading to 21.5.0.30 is what worked. 

The workspace one software wasn't the issue in my environment.  I have security guides that I have to implement that is the likely cause of my issue.  We also had some changes with McAfee and GPO settings that may have contributed. 

0 Kudos