VMware Workspace ONE Community
NathanMATTIAZZI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error when registering AFW new phone ' Failed to register google account'

Hello,

I've got an issue when enrolling new devices since a while (cannot say precisely when). When it comes to last steps after downloading HUB apps, at the ' registering work account'  steps, I've got the following error message each time on every phones (Android 7.0 or even 8.1) : ' Failed to register google account, please enroll again'  with 2 possible choices ' WIPE'  or ' RETRY'  that leads to the same error message.

I'm stuck right now without any possibility to enroll AFW devices. Have you got any idea on what the problem could be / is ? I've tested to connection from the console to the managed google account and the result is OK as well as Android EMM Registration Status that is Successful.

Many thanks for your help, Best regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
meena14sr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All, logged ticket with Airwatch on this issue, they advised to change under All Settings --> Devices & Users --> Android --> Android EMM Registration --> Enrollment Settings -->  Work Managed Enrollment Type --> from User based to device based. This resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same, although we are only seeing this very occasionally, we can enrol x10 devices no problem, then suddenly one will do this.

All on Android v8, all Samsung S9's.
0 Kudos
JennSBrown
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have one this is happening with today. First time I've seen the error. Any updates or fixes?
0 Kudos
UiliamFoschiera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I had this problem when we implemented Android for Work in our company, and in my case they were issues of firewall releases for Google addresses (from console to Google).

Regards

Uiliam
0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Another possible cause is the network connection the mobile device is connecting to. We have a ADSL like setup at work as normally we use this for various testing purposes although the speed is pretty terrible. When I tried to enrol my AfW devices via this, I would consistently get the failure message that Nathan is referring to. As soon as I switched it to a hotspot, then it worked (these are test devices which don't have a sim hence the need for external connection). However in saying that, I did an enrolment today on a hotspot and kept getting the message again, and after about the 5-6 retry, it went through.
0 Kudos
meena14sr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem, unable to register any devices. Tried in different network, ensured Android EMM integration is successful. No luck.

Anyone found solution?
0 Kudos
JerryZamostny
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have this too and I cannot find a solution online.
0 Kudos
meena14sr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All, logged ticket with Airwatch on this issue, they advised to change under All Settings --> Devices & Users --> Android --> Android EMM Registration --> Enrollment Settings -->  Work Managed Enrollment Type --> from User based to device based. This resolved the issue.

NathanMATTIAZZI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for that feedback ! I was looking for a while on that side ton find if there is any king of maximum device that a google enterprise account can reach with no success (possible 100 wich is our case, but not clearly defined). I found that option that you are talking about but cannot find what is the impact on the currenlty enrolled devices is User Based Mode and though have dropped that possibility.
Does the support told you what the impact is on the existing enrolled devices to change from User Based to Device Based ?

Thanks !
0 Kudos
meena14sr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have 20 and more production devices running when the settings changed and observed no impact. Below is the response from AirWatch received.

' User Base'  settings is one management account is created on the Google side for each user. According to Google specs, only 10 devices can be linked to this account.

“Device-based” setting is one management account will be created on Google for each device. This allows you to join the same user without any restrictions.'

0 Kudos
psicotiq
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Nagameena! This was driving me crazy.
0 Kudos
NathanMATTIAZZI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, I've made this setting last week with no impact, and now I can enroll again. Thank you very much !
0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue is so weird for me. I had devices enrolling perfectly fine for 3 weeks and I have my setting on User Based. Then just this Wednesday, it stopped working and kept getting the failed message again, I have another location group setup with Device Based and I also had the same issue there too. Then yesterday, same device, same User Based group, it all works again......go figure....
0 Kudos
ShawnCorbitt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Everyone, like everyone else this mysteriously started happening out of the blue after registering 30 or so devices using the afw#hub process just yesterday. Thanks for the fix!
0 Kudos
ehope
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked for us as well. Things were working normally until first thing this morning, and this forum answer saved me a lot of time and headache.
0 Kudos
mohd_saif
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Meena,

Can u plz explain where to change these settings?

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Dhanushan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where I need to change this settings?
0 Kudos