VMware Workspace ONE Community
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Error when adding public apps on iOS

Hi all, 

I am trying to add new public applications for iOS and I keep getting the following error on most apps:

An Error has Occured

Something unexpected happened. If the issue persists, please contact your IT administrator.

I don't have any issues adding the same public apps on Android. 

The apps which I am getting errors are:

Dynatrace

Cognos

Microsoft Lense

Splunk Mobile

Pagerduty

I have tried different browsers and also in private but the same issue. If I add it via URL it works but then I dont have the functionality of managing the app which is important to have. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AVIVEKA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you trying to add these applications through VPP ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Via:

Applications \ Native \ Public - Search for the app and assign and I get that issue 

TUMAS_0-1605518325024.png

0 Kudos
AVIVEKA
Contributor
Contributor

TUMAS,

Is this an On-prem instance ?

Deploying app by this way is not the best practise, user will have to enter an iCloud account to use these applications.

Regards,

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

No this is cloud based. 

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

What do you suggest is best way forward @AVIVEKA ? and any idea why they are not getting approved from appstore? 

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone get back to me? Really need to solve this ASAP 

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone get back to me on this? Really need to solve this ASAP

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you using a custom administrator role or any of the built-in when trying to add public applications?

What version of UEM are you using?

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Version:  20.10.0.1 (2010)

I have a specific Apple ID linked under APNs for MDM. But only certain apps are not getting approved, Others have no issues at all. 

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That sounds strange that only some applications are giving this error. What role do your UEM administrator account have?

Have you checked the webconsole-log?

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Do you manage to add apps like Dynatrace, SuccessFactors or Cognos?

0 Kudos
TommyThomassen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Use Apple Business Manager and "purchase" the apps (VPP).

VPP token can be added in Workspace ONE, then the apps would sync to WSONE and Apps - Purchased. Assign them with SmartGroups.

If the devices are DEP enrolled, and supervised, the user will get apps installed without user interaction.

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

When you say "Purchase" These are free apps.. So not sure if this is good for my issue? 

0 Kudos
TommyThomassen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VPP is for assigning apps to user or devices. We have found device assignment best.

The term Purchased is due to Apple Volume Purchase Program / VPP, but this works for all apps, also free apps.
You can "purchase" 1000 licenses for Chrome, assign to your org, sync to MDM and then assign to devices.

All apps work 🙂

VPP is the recommended method from VMware I think.

0 Kudos
azwanMBB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @TUMAS 

Do you find solution for this. We are facing some thing, after want to assign the apps to user group.

Regards,

Azwan

0 Kudos
TUMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - I opened a ticked with WS1 and they did something from their end and the application got added.

0 Kudos