VMware Workspace ONE Community
PeterGkc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error updating SSL Cert in OnPrem

I need to update my SSL Cert but I have run into a bit of a issue. The documented directions don't work for me I think because I have a patch. The instructions say to go to Add\Remove Programs and select "Change" on AWCM but I don't have an entry for AWCM. If I select Workspace One I only have an option to uninstall. If I run the installer for the Full Install version I am on, I get to the end and it throws out an error saying one of the .CAB files has an invalid data signature. I assume the patch caused this.

So I am waiting on support to reply back but it seems the only way I can do this is to do an uninstall on my device manager servers, re-install, point to the new cert, then re-run the patch on the server.

Anyone have any insight they can provide? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
somemdm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like that installer might be impacted by what is described in this thread:

Expired Signing Certificate in 2011 Full Installer - VMware Technology Network VMTN

I would try re-downloading the same full installer again and hopefully the signature has been re-applied with an updated certificate.

0 Kudos
PeterGkc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good catch but it didn't work. They haven't updated the installer for my version since 9/2020. Also I built out the environment I am trying to update the SSL in just a couple months ago using the same installer. I have a feeling it has something to do with being patched and I think I am going to have to uninstall completely and re-run the install. If not, maybe it's going to require a code upgrade. Still waiting to hear back from support on it though. I don't want to do much before I hear from them. 

0 Kudos
somemdm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No worries, probably isn't a bad idea to wait to hear back from support.

Full reinstallation of the AirWatch components shouldn't be too bad (I'm assuming AWCM is living on the DS host?) - as long as you choose the same roles that are currently on it, pointed at the same database, it should be somewhat of a non-event.

0 Kudos
PeterGkc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't see anything for AWCM. Is that the Cloud Manager? Their documentation says there should have been an AWCM in Add\Remove Programs but I don't have it in either my Dev or Prod environments. As you said, not a huge deal to uninstall\reinstall but nonetheless. 

0 Kudos
somemdm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't say I've ever seen individual AirWatch roles listed in Add/Remove Programs, always just Workspace One UEM. 

In our topology our servers host more than one role (we have ACC on our console server, AWCM is on our Device Services server), so it has always just shown the one entry. Perhaps prior to the VMware buyout it showed them individually.

If you were going to bother with a reinstall + patch, another thing you could do is jump to the next major release, killing two birds with one stone.

0 Kudos