VMware Workspace ONE Community
MacMaury69
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error patching 9.6 to 9.6.0.5 device server

I patch all systems to 9.6 and then to 9.6.0.5 but on device server I receive this error:
Failed to copy 😧 or Install or Application or Custom Package or Services to C: or AirWatch or AirWatch 9.6 or ServicesCould not complete operation on some files and directories. See the Data property of the exception for more details.

Help please!
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Spagnuolof
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Just to leave a record on the forum, we have solved the issue (i'm Maurizio's AW consultant).

We have seen that there was a process (In this case MEG Queue Service) still active.

By killing it via Task Manager, the procedure have finished properly

Best Regards

Fabio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MacMaury69
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also with 9.6.0.6...
0 Kudos
Spagnuolof
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Just to leave a record on the forum, we have solved the issue (i'm Maurizio's AW consultant).

We have seen that there was a process (In this case MEG Queue Service) still active.

By killing it via Task Manager, the procedure have finished properly

Best Regards

Fabio

0 Kudos
MacMaury69
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Resolved. ' MEG queue service'  hadn't really stop the process. So I stop the process from task manager and restart the setup.
0 Kudos
MacMaury69
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Fabio! You're my angel!
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Just as a note. I use a Powershell script to stop AW services myself rather than depending on the installer package to do it for this very reason. Sometimes it fails to stop and the installer doesn't know!
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Agree with Luke. AW support still recommends using the installer to stop the services versus stopping them manually ahead of time.
0 Kudos
Spagnuolof
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,
is not a matter of ' service'  to be stopped, because the services were stopped (installer, manually, wmic or powershell).
Was the process (PID) unlinked to the service (don't ask me why) that was still running 😉
SF

0 Kudos