VMware Workspace ONE Community
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error on Horizon Workspace Configuration

After three attempts to install Horizon Workspace I keep ending up with the same error.

Failed to push initial configuration to VMs. Contact VMware support. Exit code: 1

Attached is the screenshot that will provide a few more details.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ChaseHansen

Can you please send the log file from configurator-va at /opt/vmware/var/log/configurator.log

Also, are you deploying on a virtual on virtual environment, where your vCenter response time may be slower. We have seen these kinds of issues in those environments. In that case, we may need to manually increase the timeouts.

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sure I can send logs, what is the default username if I was to SSH onto the box. I tried root,admin,VMware.

This is a nested VM envrionment. I'm running VMware Fusion with a domain controller vm, vcenter vm, two esxi hosts. within the esxi hosts I deployed Horizon Workspace.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You are doing what? Are you trying to run it all on one single Mac using Fusion? That is a really interesting idea but I'm afraid it will be very hard to achieve.. Our minimum requirement are 8 vCPU, 14GB RAM for the whole vApp. On top of that we've been getting reports of failing installations when running nested vms (virtual esx) because of time outs..

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes as just a lab to play with things. Nothing actaully will run on this.

The mac has 16gb of ram with SSD. I gave each esx host 4gb of ram and lowered each VM ram allocation.

If the timeouts can be adjusted to just play with this then great, if not then I will move it into our other ESXi lab and play with it.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm afraid there is no option as of now.. You'll simply have to run it on your real ESXi box..

0 Kudos
rajesh447
Contributor
Contributor

Are you trying to join a vCenter other then where you are running the Horizon Suite vApp? Seems like you can only join vCenter where you are running the Horizon vApp.

0 Kudos
r134ss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had same problem. Same error message.

But it was solved.

The Cause was NetworkConfiguration.    Communication between Configurator and each va is disconnected.

I change the NetworkConfiguration as below.

1 phisical Nic port and 5 portgroup. See attached file. Maybe that is effective.

Thanks.

HN

PortGroupNicConfiguration.pngCompletelySuccess.png

0 Kudos