VMware Workspace ONE Community
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error occurred while retrieving the user with provided bindDN.The BindDN user must have attribute/s firstName, lastName, email.

When I'm going through the wizard and setting up my base and bind DN, I get the following error. What am I missing? Error saving directory configuration. Error occurred while retrieving the user with provided bindDN.The BindDN user must have attribute/s firstName, lastName, email.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kamleshpatil
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The usename that you are using as AD administrator (i.e CN=admin ) must have mandatory attributes with  nonempty values  - firstName , lastName , email .

When HW connect to AD with bindDN it actually adds that user to system which enforces mandatory properties .

Thsese properties are mandatory for each user that needs to be added/synched to horizon workspace.

To fix this error , you need to go to AD and add these attributes to admin user .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kamleshpatil
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The usename that you are using as AD administrator (i.e CN=admin ) must have mandatory attributes with  nonempty values  - firstName , lastName , email .

When HW connect to AD with bindDN it actually adds that user to system which enforces mandatory properties .

Thsese properties are mandatory for each user that needs to be added/synched to horizon workspace.

To fix this error , you need to go to AD and add these attributes to admin user .

0 Kudos
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos