VMware Workspace ONE Community
MiriamGmez
Contributor
Contributor

Error : Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active.

When I try to test connection to my Active directory the following error appears:
Error : Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active.

How can I solve this situation? Now, I'm not able to add a new user and I think this is for the error above
Labels (1)
14 Replies
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You have to restart the AirWatch services on the ACC or reboot it. 
0 Kudos
jmoudet
Contributor
Contributor

I'm facing the same issue when testing the Directory Services.
'  Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active.'
0 Kudos
lukechan1024102
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Beth Sorry to bother you, just wanna to discuss
I would like to ask have your problem fixed and if already fixed, what is the final problem to be figured out ?
0 Kudos
AntonioPorso
Contributor
Contributor

hi there,  I'm facing the same issue. ACC service is running, but test connaction fails whit that error: Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active.
0 Kudos
Balaji0104
Contributor
Contributor

You Can fix that issue by Unchecking the autoupdate of the ACC in settings in the console.
0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone find a fix for this, we also have this issue.

' Error : Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active. '

Strangely we have an Org group we setup as a Dev environment which works fine. Then we added a new Org group called UAT and turned VESC on but VESC doesnt work here. At the same time Dev VESC works ok.

I have restarted the VESC server services - no change
I have restarted the VESC server and verified the services are running again - no change
I have tried turning VESC in UAT org group off and back on again, while logged into the console directly on the VESC server - no change

Any ideas anyone???

0 Kudos
PiotrWisniewski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would suggest changing log level for Connector to: verbose.

Just go to to location were connector is installed And find some files with name/extension: xxx.cfg.txt
(Sorry i do not remember the exact file name)

Just after restsrt connector service in services.

Go to console then, navigatr to Ent Connector and click Test Connection.

Review logs for acc then.

0 Kudos
lukechan1024102
Contributor
Contributor

Try to set up a new server solely for ACC
most likely you will get this problem resolved
0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Piotr, I've changed log level to Verbose, when I test the connection from the working Org group, it updates the log with new entries but when testing the connection from the non-working Org group, no new log entries are observed.
0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Luke, it is a new server solely for VESC/ACC.  Or do you mean, to go through the VESC installation process on this server from scratch again?

The Airwatch tech, who did the initial VESC install advised this wouldn't be necessary to enable VESC/ACC funtionality for other Org groups, he stated we'd just need to turn VESC on using the tick boxes (after turning EIS off).
0 Kudos
IbrahimBilmis
Contributor
Contributor

I restarted the service and unchecked auto update from the console, No fix

0 Kudos
SandyFisher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks to Elizabeth  - restarting the services on the ACC servers resolved the issue.
0 Kudos
billiamc
Contributor
Contributor

Any further insights into these issues, I'm on 9.6 and find when I click the test button in the Enterprise System Connector page, the first test fails and then click it again and it succeeds and pings back and forth between failing and succeeding on each click:
> Error : Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active.
> VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is active.
> Error : Reached AWCM but VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is not active.
> VMware Enterprise Systems Connector is active.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
MarlonBong
Contributor
Contributor

Recently had an issue with this and found that it was due to proxy authentication issues.  Saw the error message after checking the CloudConnector.log file.
I submitted a request to our Network guys and had them make sure the ACC had access to the URLs it needs access to on the proper ports.  This solved our issues for us.
0 Kudos