VMware Workspace ONE Community
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Error Code 4026 The profile “passcode-test/V_2” may require a passcode change but the passcode cannot be modified. Error code 4001 Profile installation failed

I have a DEP Iphone and deploying Single App mode, IOS Passcode, IOS restrictions. 3 separate profiles with 3 separate payloads.
The Single App mode and IOS restrictions comes down to the iphone fine, but the iphone doesn't ask to type in the passcode and the payloads assignment are set to auto.
When I click on the Troubleshooting on the device it shows this error message
Error Code  4026 The profile “passcode-test/V_2” may require a passcode change but the passcode cannot be modified. Error code 4001 Profile installation failed
I tested by putting the Restricitons and IOS passcode payloads to one profile and the same issue occurs?
Has anyone seen this happen before what is the fix for this
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Make a compliance policy that will install the SAM profile only after a certain condition is set, like having a passcode present etc. Otherwise there is no way to set precedence.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I’m thinking the device is locked in single app mode when it’s trying to install and can’t make that kind of change in that posture. You may have to remove the SAM profile prior to the passcode profile.
0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hello thank you for the info, would you know is there a way make the passcode profile go first and then the SAM profile 2nd? My client needs the iphone to be in SAM with passocode and Restrictions profile and wants the deployment to be totally automatic
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Make a compliance policy that will install the SAM profile only after a certain condition is set, like having a passcode present etc. Otherwise there is no way to set precedence.

0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hmmm if I go to IOS add Compliance Policy I see an compliance policy for passcode but its for passcode is not present in drop down menu and the actions if I uncheck the box mark as not compliant. Profile Install Compliance Profile the SAM.  Will that work.
0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I found a compliance Policy I can use if Applicatican list, Rules Application list contains com.cisco.jabberIM, uncheck the mark as not compliant and profile
Install Compliance Profile and the named of the compliance Profile.

0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked the compliance Profile but it just took 9 mins before the compliance kicked in. Is there a way to adjust the compliance check to check in say 1 min?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The compliance check relies on the device checking in. You could speed it up by syncing the device manually from the hub after you verify the profile exists and a passcode is set. The check itself takes place on the console after the device sends the info in.

0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

cool thanks for all your help.
Have a good day.
0 Kudos