We have a Shared SaaS, latest version. Today, I kept on getting the "12064 Could not retrieve license for the app with iTunes Store ID 298844###." error. No matter how, what I tried, same result.
I have learned that the easiest solution is to wipe the devices (corp owned iPads), with a generic (staging user). That may take 10 minutes, but I don't have to baby sit the process. I have an Automator workflow set to identify connected devices, erase them, and push them through automated enrollment.
Since this is the solution, I assume that AW gets confus-cabulated and losses its marbles with license assignment. When the device comes back through the enrollment process, the correct license is applied.
While not a solution, which I have very low hopes for AirWatch support, this is a workaround that has helped me.
Hope this helps some of you too.