VMware Workspace ONE Community
psiwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error Code 12040 Please log in to your iTunes Store account.

Has anyone seen this error and have been able to resolve.

Setup:

iOS devices
VPP with current token in WS1. Other purchased apps via the same VPP token are working fine. Just the one app (Cisco AnyConnect)  seems to be through this error

On the device it asks to sign into install the app.

I have:
1. re-synced licences for the app

2. re-synced assets

3. renewed the sToken again

I can't figure out why I keep getting the pop up. Anyone seen this and fixed it before?

Thanks, PS

Labels (1)
7 Replies
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the device signed into an iCloud account that is different than your VPP account? I received something similar when I preinstalled a device with apps through smart group/VPP, then the user went onto the device and tried to update the app using a separate iCloud account and App store.

psiwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Joe,

Forgot to mention that the device is a fresh enrollment from factory reset/device wipe and enrolled via Apple ADE (former DEP). All apps including Hub and the mentioned app are configured to install automatically VPP. So no prior iCloud configs.

BendikSygnestve
Contributor
Contributor

Hello psiwi,

Did you find a solution for this? And are you still having the same issue? 

I have the same issue with VPP distributed apps in our environment, also with newly factory resetted iPads.

For us this could also happen to multiple applications on a singular device, though the apps would work fine for all our other iPads in the system. It also seems to come and go, no easy to see pattern in terms of what types of users/devices get this error. Sometimes an Asset sync actually solves it, but more often it doesn't do anything at all. 

Eileenmc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue with a brand new iPad

Tags (1)
OMBigJ
Contributor
Contributor

In Apps and books, purchased, did you set the program to "Enable Device Assignment"

0 Kudos
psiwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The issue went away quietly by itself. It must have been something to do with Apple services.

0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Another thing to check is to log into VPP and make sure you've accepted the latest ToS. 

0 Kudos