MMAgeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Entitled users not able to access ThinApps

We have an issue with a particular ThinApp on Workspace.

The ThinApp is entitled to an Active Directory group containing the users who need the app. If i look at the entitlement page for that particular ThinApp as an admin it shows the correct users as entitled from within that group.

However some users do not receive the ThinApp either from their workspace agent or by browsing the workspace web portal it just doesnt appear in their entitled apps list.. If they browse to the ThinApp repository and try to launch the app directly it says they are not allowed.

I am unsure where to go from here. The users can get other thinApps they are entitled to, and the ThinApp with the issue works for some users but not all.

i have checked the directory sync and that appears to be fine - the users are in the correct groups and workspace does see the correct users as having the entitlements - its just the users that are not seeing it

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kzelenko
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like entitlement process for the users has not been done (or completed) yet.

If you go to the Dashboard/System Info you would see the Entitlements process status.

Do you see some "Objects Not Synced"? What is the date/time of the last successful run?  

0 Kudos
dilettante
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same thing. All went fine until I had to do this: VMware KB: Removing a ThinApp from VMware Horizon Workspace

because of one broken ThinApp upload. After that, only entitlements can be set but users can't see any ThinApps.

I also tried removing all entitlements, removing the ThinApps from our share, then deleting the Apps from the catalog and following the KB mentioned above.

And I restarted the vApp. Nothing helps. Can't find any corresponding KB.

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you send screenshot of admin ui and end user ui with thinapps to us?Also, anything in the logs in service-va - /opt/vmware/horizon/horizoninstance/logs/horizon.log

A webex may help to quickly resolve the issue, please send a private message letting me know what time will work for you.

0 Kudos