VMware Workspace ONE Community
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enterprise Integration vs VMware Enterprise Systems Connector

Just curious if anyone is still using Enterprise Integration as opposed to the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector and is there an advantage to using one over the other?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Derek. We're still using 8.4.9 (yes way overdue for an upgrade) so still utilise EIS. My understanding was that in order to move across to anything above version 9.x, we had to migrate from EIS to Acc/VESC. I didn't think there was a choice you could make if you wanted to stick with EIS or not as ultimately the version would determine what is supported.
0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like it's still supported in 9.5.0.9 but they want you to migrate ASAP.  I received the following alarm in the console after upgrading:
    HIGH - Migrate to VMESC
    You are currently using the Enterprise Integration Service (EIS) which is being deprecated; however all the functionality of the EIS is now available
    in the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector. Migrate to the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector to take advantage of additional features of
    Workspace ONE
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are also using EIS on AW 9.2.3.   They have not announced an end-of-life (EOL) but it should be soon.  At that time we will have one year from announcement date to migrate.  But VMESC is the future.
0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

So with each upgrade of AirWatch, have you also been updating EIS as well?
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Correct, we update EIS on every AirWatch application upgrade.
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

VMESC/ACC - is it configured at Global level or Customer level?
0 Kudos